Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I back up my iPhone to my MacBook Air (2020)?

I am trying to get iTunes on my MacBook but every time I try to download iTunes it is practically saying my Mac is too updated to have iTunes.

I want to back my phone up to my Mac but can't seem to find a way?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Aug 26, 2021 4:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2021 4:08 PM

Since you are using macOS Big Sur, you will be able to use Finder to backup your iPhone. What happened to iTunes? - Apple Support states:

"Use Finder to sync and manage your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Finder is the new place to back up, update, or restore your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Just connect your device to your Mac and it appears in the Finder sidebar. And you can easily drag and drop files to your device.

Use Finder to manage your devices."

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 26, 2021 4:08 PM in response to SamHurworth

Since you are using macOS Big Sur, you will be able to use Finder to backup your iPhone. What happened to iTunes? - Apple Support states:

"Use Finder to sync and manage your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Finder is the new place to back up, update, or restore your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Just connect your device to your Mac and it appears in the Finder sidebar. And you can easily drag and drop files to your device.

Use Finder to manage your devices."

How do I back up my iPhone to my MacBook Air (2020)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.