Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery Problem

why is my MacBook Air saying battery service recommended? how do I fix it?

MacBook Air (2020 or later)

Posted on Aug 26, 2021 10:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2021 10:21 PM

Sowhmya Said:

"Battery Problem: why is my MacBook Air saying battery service recommended? how do I fix it?"

-------

Why the Message?

You are getting this message, because it is low in operability...

So, See About Getting this Serviced:

A. Apple Support:

You have a One-YearOut-of-the-BoxLimited-Warranty. So, if less than 80% contact Apple Support, and see if you can get this serviced.

Apple Support Contact Information:

or...

B. Contacting an AASP: 

Also, take this to an AASP (Apple Authorized Service provider), asking for assistance.

1. Go Here: Find Locations - Apple Authorized Reseller
  2. Click: Service & Support
  3. Enter: your location information
  4. See: if there is an AASP nearby
  5. Contact: an AASP that shows up, and find out more about the services that they offer to fix the iPhone

Or...

C. A Retailer:

Contact your local retailer, seeing if they replace iPhone batteries.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 26, 2021 10:21 PM in response to Sowhmya

Sowhmya Said:

"Battery Problem: why is my MacBook Air saying battery service recommended? how do I fix it?"

-------

Why the Message?

You are getting this message, because it is low in operability...

So, See About Getting this Serviced:

A. Apple Support:

You have a One-YearOut-of-the-BoxLimited-Warranty. So, if less than 80% contact Apple Support, and see if you can get this serviced.

Apple Support Contact Information:

or...

B. Contacting an AASP: 

Also, take this to an AASP (Apple Authorized Service provider), asking for assistance.

1. Go Here: Find Locations - Apple Authorized Reseller
  2. Click: Service & Support
  3. Enter: your location information
  4. See: if there is an AASP nearby
  5. Contact: an AASP that shows up, and find out more about the services that they offer to fix the iPhone

Or...

C. A Retailer:

Contact your local retailer, seeing if they replace iPhone batteries.

Aug 27, 2021 5:48 PM in response to Sowhmya

Unfortunately "Service Recommended" has a wide range of meaning with macOS Big Sur. The "Service Recommended" message usually indicates the battery capacity has dropped below 80% of its original capacity or it may indicate a hardware failure with the battery.

Run the Apple Diagnostics to see if the diagnostic reports a hardware issue with the battery. If the diagnostic does not find a hardware issue with the battery, then it is safe to ignore the "Service Recommended" message until the laptop no longer runs long enough for you when using just the battery.

Battery Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.