Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trouble with Comcast email on Iphone and laptop and Error: the IMAP Server "imap.comcast.net" doesn't support password authentication - problem

I spent hours on the phone with Comcast after they deleted an old user name on my account and following that I then could not log into email on either outlook or my iphone. Comcast reps kept telling me the problem with on my side... that I would need to call Microsoft and Apple to have them manually add my account back in. After a lot of google searching it came down to checking one box off in the xfinity settings via their website.

Go to Settings

Go to Security

Make sure the "Third Party Access Security" box is checked.

In general, Comcast email does not work on iPhone because of incorrect Mail app settings. Use imap.comcast.net host and port 993 for incoming mail and smtp.comcast.net with port 587 for outgoing mail. Also, verify that the Third-Party Access Security option is enabled in the Xfinity portal.

After I did that both Iphone and outlook on my laptop worked perfectly fine. I was able to add the accounts back in with no issues.

Posted on Aug 27, 2021 9:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2021 9:17 AM

That is great! Thanks for the tips.

1 reply

Trouble with Comcast email on Iphone and laptop and Error: the IMAP Server "imap.comcast.net" doesn't support password authentication - problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.