Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why there’s no Weather App on iPad?

I sawed that I can’t find the Weather App on my iPad. I can’t download it because it’s not compatible. My iPad is running iPadOS 14.7.1.

Posted on Aug 27, 2021 6:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2021 7:06 PM

It appears to be compatible with iPhones and Watches:

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/weather/id1069513131

Not iPads.

We do not know why Apple has not made one for iPads and are not allowed to speculate about their policies. You would need to ask Apple.

13 replies

Sep 3, 2021 7:52 AM in response to MatthewZayas

There is a weather widget you can install into your iPad, instead.

The weather widget comes in 3 different sizes and levels of info.

Add widgets on iPad - Apple Support

There is no weather app for the same reasons that there has been NO calculator app for iPads after 11 years!

Apple has not been able to come up with a unique weather or calculator app for iPads and simply stopped trying to design/create these, at some point, because iOS/iPadOS development is more important to Apple then creating new apps.

Also seen in the fact that Apple ONLY updates their core iOS/iPadOS apps, mostly, one a year,,when a new iOS/iPadOS version is releasee/introduced.

Apple hardly ever does regular app updates to their core iOS/iPadOS apps.

For the past nearly 11 years, there has been a WHOLE cottage industry of both third party weather AND calculator apps to choose from in the iOS App Store.

So find one or more of each that like and use them.

I use the iPadOS Weather widget with the Dark Sky app and Yahoo weather apps and have a few calculator apps, as well.

Best of Luck to You!

Aug 28, 2021 12:56 PM in response to MatthewZayas

FWIW, NOAA provides a VAST amount of info on their site using only a browser.

It’s not as snazzy or sexy as the apps, but with just a little bit of bookmarking, you can have everything at your fingertips w/o ads or tracking.

Plus NOAA is THE primary source data for just about every weather “repackager” out there.

https://www.weather.gov/

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.