Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone repair US version

Hello, I heard from friends that it is the American iPhone, if it is hacked, it cannot be repaired in the Apple company in Dubai. Is this true? I want to check with you.

[Image Edited by Moderator to Remove Personal Information]

Posted on Aug 27, 2021 10:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2021 10:50 PM

Hacked? It is nearly impossible to hack an iPhone because it operates within the Apple closed network. The only it can be hacked is if you Jailbreak it.

Your friends are correct. If your US Version iPhone which was initially purchased in the US, malfunctions, then the US Warranty will not be honored in Dubai. You would have to bring the iPhone to the US for service under warranty.

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 27, 2021 10:50 PM in response to Faisal9662

Hacked? It is nearly impossible to hack an iPhone because it operates within the Apple closed network. The only it can be hacked is if you Jailbreak it.

Your friends are correct. If your US Version iPhone which was initially purchased in the US, malfunctions, then the US Warranty will not be honored in Dubai. You would have to bring the iPhone to the US for service under warranty.

Axel F.

Aug 27, 2021 11:19 PM in response to Faisal9662

An iPhone model is manufactured with the same build quality no matter which region it is manufactured for. My recommendation is to purchase an iPhone from your region because it will have the right software and hardware to operate within your region under optimum performance conditions.

In the end, if you must purchase a US version to use in Dubai then it is not going to be any better than the iPhone made and sold in your region.

Axel F.

iPhone repair US version

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.