Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can anyone tell me why the chargeing cable doesnt have the usual usb on the end of the cable with my new iphone 11. thank you brenda

There is no usb end on the charging cable for my new iPhone 11. How does it charge up if I don’t have the right plug to use to charge it up.

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 27, 2021 11:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2021 2:29 AM

Looking at the page for iPhone 11(https://www.apple.com/uk/iphone-11/specs/) - what's in the box - the package contains only the iPhone with the USB‑C to Lightning Cable but not a charger. You will need to buy the charger separately, either a compatible power adapter or a Qi wireless charger sold separately, or use the computer to charge the iPhone, if your computer has a USB C port.

It is strange - all my iPhones, iPads and other Apple Devices came with a compatible power adapter, not just the cable.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 28, 2021 2:29 AM in response to brendafromgrantham

Looking at the page for iPhone 11(https://www.apple.com/uk/iphone-11/specs/) - what's in the box - the package contains only the iPhone with the USB‑C to Lightning Cable but not a charger. You will need to buy the charger separately, either a compatible power adapter or a Qi wireless charger sold separately, or use the computer to charge the iPhone, if your computer has a USB C port.

It is strange - all my iPhones, iPads and other Apple Devices came with a compatible power adapter, not just the cable.

Aug 28, 2021 10:50 PM in response to léonie

Hi, I phoned Apple and was given the explanation about the new cable and the absence of the plug.

the plug I can understand as we all have a few of them around the home. My frustration comes when the new cable they supply needs an adapter. This in not sullied by Apple. I inquired about the cost of an adapter £35. The explanation I was given by Apple is these items that have been taken away from the new purchase is to help save the planet. What a load of rubbish, it’s to do with greed and profits which will always come before people. I’m disgusted with Apple. If they would have included the adapter that would be a different story, that I could understand. What they have done is try to hoodwink all their customers with the save the planet garbage.

can anyone tell me why the chargeing cable doesnt have the usual usb on the end of the cable with my new iphone 11. thank you brenda

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.