Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth in MacBook Pro not detected

I have 13" MacBook Pro of late 2012 vintage. Bluetooth hardware is not detected. Do not know when this problem came, but noticed it a few months back. Wi-Fi is working.

I believe there could be a hardware problem or a connection problem (In May this year I changed a defective charging port and replaced the battery myself as the service centre was not supporting this model anymore).

Any insights? Any DIY solution?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Aug 28, 2021 2:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2021 8:25 AM

Hi,

Try to check your MacBook Pro with Apple Diagnostics if it reports Bluetooth module related error(NDL001).

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support

2 replies

Aug 29, 2021 8:38 AM in response to kaz-k

Thanks, kaz-k, but the hardware diagnostics could not detect any hardware problem. However, bluetooth/ wifi were not included in the test report.

Perhaps it would require opening the mac once again, though I do not relish the idea.

As i understand, the hardware card has both WiFi and Bluetooth in one. I am hopeful that the hardware would be ok and the problem could be in the antenna or some connection. :-(

Bluetooth in MacBook Pro not detected

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.