Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I disable airplay on my iPhone 12

I’m having problems disabling my airplay for my iPhone 12? Any suggestions?

iPhone 12, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 28, 2021 4:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2021 6:59 AM

Hello scottvanpelt,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

If we understand your post correctly, you want to know how to disable AirPlay on your iPhone 12. We'd like to help!

To disable AirPlay go to Settings > General > AirPlay & Handoff

Change Automatically AirPlay to TVs to Ask or Never.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care!

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 29, 2021 6:59 AM in response to scottvanpelt

Hello scottvanpelt,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

If we understand your post correctly, you want to know how to disable AirPlay on your iPhone 12. We'd like to help!

To disable AirPlay go to Settings > General > AirPlay & Handoff

Change Automatically AirPlay to TVs to Ask or Never.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care!

Aug 29, 2021 7:27 AM in response to scottvanpelt

Good Morning! Yes, thank you SO much for helping me out with my question. I did have one other question maybe you could answer for me or point me in the right direction? How do I know which apps use that feature I set to “never”? Or…since I set it to “never”, does that disable that option of “AirPlay” for all Apps that utilize that feature? I’ll do It, but do I have to go to each App (supported) and disable that feature? I can’t thank you enough for everything…I appreciate it very much. Again, thank you so much but if you have any idea what Apps I should be looking for…I would greatly, greatly appreciate it. I hope you have an awesome day and thank you🍹.

G.R., M.Ed.🌷

Aug 29, 2021 8:32 AM in response to scottvanpelt

Hello scottvanpelt,

Glad to hear that those steps provided the result you were looking for.

To answer your other question about having to disable AirPlay in every app, the answer is no. If you set it to Never then any app that offers AirPlay won't be enabled and you won't be asked. If you however, set it to Ask then you will be asked in the apps that offer AirPlay if you would like to enable it for that app and you can simply say no.

Hope that helps.

Have a great day as well!

Aug 29, 2021 9:26 PM in response to scottvanpelt

Once again, I just wanted to thank you guys so much for helping me out you guys are awesome! I still have one more question that I just thought of, do you guys know anything about “screen mirroring”? It has never “shown in use” when I am active (or not), and I have never set it up or activated it on my iPhone and I’ve had it for almost 2 months now. When I try to access it in my control center, it just keeps like reloading…nothing…no device comes up,etc. I’m trying to get rid of anything that would link or connect (without authorization) to all my devices at home. if it’s not too much to ask, any suggestions or comments? Once again thank you very much you guys of did plenty though to help me out. Have an awesome day.

G.R., M.Ed.

🍸🍷🍸🍷

How do I disable airplay on my iPhone 12

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.