Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Health app not recording sleep

Hi,

my Apple Health app is not recording sleep for me. I’ve set up a sleep schedule but I don’t know how to get it to record my sleep. I’m in the latest software.

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 28, 2021 9:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2021 10:06 AM

Hello Binnsie.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We understand that your Apple Watch is not recording sleep. We will be glad to assist.

Please see the following:

"Getting more accurate results with your Apple Watch

If you paired your Apple Watch after completing Sleep setup, you can still turn on Track Sleep with Apple Watch. In the Watch app on your iPhone, tap the My Watch tab, then tap Sleep. Then tap Track Sleep with Apple Watch to turn on this setting. To get the most accurate results when wearing your watch to sleep:

• Turn on Charging Reminders. On your iPhone, open the Watch app and tap the My Watch tab, then tap Sleep. Tap Charging Reminders to turn on a reminder on your Apple Watch to charge before your Wind Down time. If your watch battery dies, it won't track your sleep data.
  • Make sure that you're wearing your Apple Watch at a comfortable fit. If your watch is too loose, the accelerometer might register too much movement during your natural sleep."

Track your sleep on Apple Watch and use Sleep on iPhone

Cheers.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 29, 2021 10:06 AM in response to Binnsie

Hello Binnsie.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We understand that your Apple Watch is not recording sleep. We will be glad to assist.

Please see the following:

"Getting more accurate results with your Apple Watch

If you paired your Apple Watch after completing Sleep setup, you can still turn on Track Sleep with Apple Watch. In the Watch app on your iPhone, tap the My Watch tab, then tap Sleep. Then tap Track Sleep with Apple Watch to turn on this setting. To get the most accurate results when wearing your watch to sleep:

• Turn on Charging Reminders. On your iPhone, open the Watch app and tap the My Watch tab, then tap Sleep. Tap Charging Reminders to turn on a reminder on your Apple Watch to charge before your Wind Down time. If your watch battery dies, it won't track your sleep data.
  • Make sure that you're wearing your Apple Watch at a comfortable fit. If your watch is too loose, the accelerometer might register too much movement during your natural sleep."

Track your sleep on Apple Watch and use Sleep on iPhone

Cheers.

Health app not recording sleep

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.