Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I transfer everything from my old phone to new phone

Posted on Aug 28, 2021 9:54 AM

3 replies

Sep 10, 2021 3:47 PM in response to Beardiemom

Beardiemom wrote:

I don’t know how to transfer my apps off my iphone7s to my new iPhone xr

Apps don't transfer from device to device directly, they're re-downloaded from your list of purchases and of free apps associated with your Apple ID.

To see the list of apps you've acquired and that are now associated with your Apple ID, launch the App Store app, and App Store > tap the round icon in the upper right > tap Purchases> tap My Purchases, and (if Family Sharing is enabled for this) also tap the entries under Family Purchase.

This app re-download from Apple will happen transparently if you (for instance) restore a backup of one iPhone onto another iPhone, or use the data migration mentioned below.

Tap or click on the following blue-text link for more info on data migration, and on transferring your data: Transfer data from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.