Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is Mackeeper worth the money or is there a better option?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Aug 28, 2021 3:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2021 3:53 PM

There is absolutely no need for any app, especially that one. I would not allow it within a mile from any of my Macs.

Macs have everything you need already built in; additionally, the OS and its system files are now sequestered in a read-only (otherwise inaccessible) volume which means neither you nor such apps have access to it to make any changes . This is for security reasons and makes such apps superfluous.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 28, 2021 3:53 PM in response to FGChas

There is absolutely no need for any app, especially that one. I would not allow it within a mile from any of my Macs.

Macs have everything you need already built in; additionally, the OS and its system files are now sequestered in a read-only (otherwise inaccessible) volume which means neither you nor such apps have access to it to make any changes . This is for security reasons and makes such apps superfluous.

Aug 28, 2021 4:02 PM in response to FGChas

Your Mac will do just fine without massively-advertised apps including add-on cleaners, add-on anti-malware, and add-on VPN apps.

Run some forum searches for existing discussions of the products of interest for some other opinions.

How to keep your Mac going? Spend some money on ensuring you have one or maybe two parallel (and scheduled, automatic) backups running using Time Machine or other tools, enable two-factor authentication on your Apple ID, use unique and robust passwords across all your accounts (re-used passwords are increasingly getting found and exploited), and learn more about some of the more common and widespread scams: Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.