Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi, I have downloaded the latest update version on my iPhone 6s Plus but it won’t install, I need help

The latest IOS update has been downloaded but won’t install on my iPhone 6S Plus? What do I do?

Posted on Aug 29, 2021 2:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2021 3:04 AM

If you're trying to update your 6s+ wirelessly, see this suppport article:--> If your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch won’t update

If the issue persists, try to update it using a computer running iTunes (PC) or iTunes/Finder (Mac).

If the problem still persists, make an appointment and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> Apple – Location Selector

After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 29, 2021 3:04 AM in response to eji289

If you're trying to update your 6s+ wirelessly, see this suppport article:--> If your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch won’t update

If the issue persists, try to update it using a computer running iTunes (PC) or iTunes/Finder (Mac).

If the problem still persists, make an appointment and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> Apple – Location Selector

After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

Aug 29, 2021 3:04 AM in response to eji289

Hi

First make sure you have some free space on IOS as it needs some to install, make sure you do not have low power mode on are connected to power

If these fail to resolve the issue there are two other options

1. Go to settings> general> storage > delete the update and download it again

1. Delete the update using steps above and then connect to iTunes on your computer and update with iTunes : https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/itunes/itns3235/windows

you may also want to review:Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Hi, I have downloaded the latest update version on my iPhone 6s Plus but it won’t install, I need help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.