Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I Lost my Iphone 11 and find my iphone is off

I lost my iphone 11 and It took time for me to locate my password to report loss

Before reporting loss i received a text message from Apple inc. stating that my iphone 11 has been located and I was given a link which promoted my password and iphone ID.

Before going to the link, I looked for my password and entered in my icloud account and reported a loss,

Then I open the link assuming it was genuine from iphone, moment later i couldnt find my iphone 11 in the system anymore and the find my iphone option was off and I cant turn it on. all other my devices I am able to see in the system except the lost phone

I am assuming those who stole it managed to temper with it. is there anything I can do to keep locate icon on?

Please advise

Posted on Aug 29, 2021 4:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2021 4:35 AM

Neither we, just users like you, nor Apple can get involved in a lost or stolen device (the message you got was nothing but "scam attempt").

These are the only steps you can perform in such a situation:--> If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support, and/or:--> Use the Find My app to locate a missing device or item - Apple Support

Regards

Giulio

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 29, 2021 4:35 AM in response to Igosi

Neither we, just users like you, nor Apple can get involved in a lost or stolen device (the message you got was nothing but "scam attempt").

These are the only steps you can perform in such a situation:--> If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support, and/or:--> Use the Find My app to locate a missing device or item - Apple Support

Regards

Giulio

Aug 29, 2021 4:32 AM in response to Igosi

If you did not enable Find My?

If you didn't turn on Find My [device] before your device was lost or stolen, it can't be used to locate your device nor you can use the IMEI number for tracking the device.

The best action would be to Change your Apple ID password and change the passwords for other internet accounts on your device. This can include email accounts, Facebook, or Twitter, etc...

I Lost my Iphone 11 and find my iphone is off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.