Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

YouTube app not playing video on IPad Pro 12.9

Hello the YouTube app seems fine loading everything else but when I click on play no video plays. No error either, just keeps loading. I have tried restarting the iPad, I have also cleared all apps and I’ve also Re installed YouTube app but to no avail. Thanks in advance.

Posted on Aug 29, 2021 5:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2021 3:56 PM

Sometimes the YouTube app has some issues.

Try simply toggling OFF your WiFi connection for 3-5 seconds, or so, then reconnect to WiFi and see if the YouTube video starts.

I have to do this from time to time, myself, with the YouTube app.

Best of Luck to You!

12 replies

Sep 3, 2021 7:26 AM in response to Mywolf

This is all I got.

If still no joy,

You need to search online for your nearest, “local” Apple store location and call contact phone numbers and call to make an appointment to have both your Apple iPad and iPhone diagnosed and options presented you.

Failing that,

You need to contact Apple support via the contact support link located at the upper right hand corner of every Webpage of these Apple support communities.

Use the Device Performance and Connectivity categories.

OR

by installing and using the Apple Support app found in the iOS App Store.

Tap the iOS App Store link below.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/apple-support/id1130498044

OR

Call contact Apple via the support numbers found in the link bekow.

Contact - How to Contact Us - Apple

Tap the link below.

https://www.apple.com/contact/

Best of Luck to You!

Sep 3, 2021 4:16 AM in response to Mywolf

What version of iOS/iPadOS is your iPad Pro running?

Also, have you updated all of your apps to the latest versions?

For older iPad models with a Home button, do a hard reset of your iPad by holding down both the Home and sleep/wake/power button simultaneously until your iPad goes to black and restarts with Apple logo, then release the buttons.

OR

For much newer, larger screen iPad models, without a Home button, try the new hard reset procedure for the new 2018/2020/2021 iPad Pros and the 2020 iPad Air 4 models.

1. Press and release the volume up button.

2. Then immediately press and release the volume down button.

3. Then, press and hold the single sleep/wake/power button You will see the Slide to Power off button, but keep on holding down the power button until you see the Apple logo, then let it go.

Once you have performed all the steps, wait for a few seconds and your 2018 iPad Pro will boot up completely to the iPad Pro’s Lock screen.

If still no joy, try removing/deleting the YouTube app from your iPad, then reinstall a new copy from the iOS App Store.

Best of Luck to You!

Sep 3, 2021 6:09 AM in response to Mywolf

How is you iPad connected to the Internet?

If your home network is a WiFi system, you need to find the MODEM/WiFi router box, unplug it from power for 10-15 seconds, or so. Then, plug the MODEM back into power and let the MODEM re-cycle itself and reconnect to your ISP and then try your iPad and YouTube app, again.

Good Luck!

Sep 3, 2021 6:32 AM in response to Mywolf

Try disconnecting and reconnecting that iPad to your iPhone WiFi hotspot.

Also, just to cover the rest of the bases here,

What year and model iPad do you have/own?

The “A” model number can be found on the aluminium back of your iPad, in small print, right under the larger bold print “iPad”.

What iOS/iPadOS version is this iPad, currently, running?

What is the rated, internal data storage space/capacity of your iPad model and how much of this free, internal data storage capacity is left inside of your iPad model?

All of that additional info can be found in the Settings app, General settings panel, About.

Please attempt to answer all questions asked.

YouTube app not playing video on IPad Pro 12.9

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.