Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Final Cut Express 4

Can i install this program on my iMac Big Sur?

iMac 27″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Aug 29, 2021 7:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2021 9:25 AM

I understand that $300 is quite a bit of money, but probably you will be well served with iMovie, which is free. Give it a try.

As a personal note, I did buy FCE, and at the time it cost $200; I only did get on a promotion (or perhaps the physical store had marked it wrongly at $100, as that used to be the cost of the upgrade).

On the other hand, although FCP "X" cost $300, I paid for it in 2011 and have used it for the last ten years, and all updates have been free. (Of course, we don't know for how long this will continue).

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 4, 2021 9:25 AM in response to Videoot

I understand that $300 is quite a bit of money, but probably you will be well served with iMovie, which is free. Give it a try.

As a personal note, I did buy FCE, and at the time it cost $200; I only did get on a promotion (or perhaps the physical store had marked it wrongly at $100, as that used to be the cost of the upgrade).

On the other hand, although FCP "X" cost $300, I paid for it in 2011 and have used it for the last ten years, and all updates have been free. (Of course, we don't know for how long this will continue).

Final Cut Express 4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.