Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I replace iMessage accidentally deleted it from my phone?

How do I replace my iMessage app accidentally deleted

iPhone SE, 14

Posted on Aug 29, 2021 9:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2021 9:32 AM

The Messages app cannot be deleted, so it’s likely been moved somewhere unexpected, or somebody has found and activated the Screen Time tool and its oft-confusing results and tweaked some settings there, and you’re probably not using an IT-profile-managed iPhone with whatever settings IT has loaded:

Delete built-in Apple apps from the Home screen on your iOS 14 or iPadOS device or Apple Watch - Apple Support

Reset Home Screen will alphabetize the installed apps and will remove all folders, but will not otherwise change the iPhone or its contents:

Return iPhone settings to their defaults - Apple Support

Screen Time:

Use Screen Time on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 29, 2021 9:32 AM in response to myron280

The Messages app cannot be deleted, so it’s likely been moved somewhere unexpected, or somebody has found and activated the Screen Time tool and its oft-confusing results and tweaked some settings there, and you’re probably not using an IT-profile-managed iPhone with whatever settings IT has loaded:

Delete built-in Apple apps from the Home screen on your iOS 14 or iPadOS device or Apple Watch - Apple Support

Reset Home Screen will alphabetize the installed apps and will remove all folders, but will not otherwise change the iPhone or its contents:

Return iPhone settings to their defaults - Apple Support

Screen Time:

Use Screen Time on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

How do I replace iMessage accidentally deleted it from my phone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.