Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I stop my iPhone 12 emails from being automatically deleted?

I have had my new iphone for 4 weeks and iver this time my emails have been automatically deleted - how do I stop my emails from being automatically deleted every 2 weeks - Can some one provide me with some clear instrcutions for the iphone 12 to stop this -

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Aug 29, 2021 3:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2021 4:57 PM

The phone does not delete emails. They will be removed from the phone when they are deleted from the mail server. And they will be deleted from the mail server whenever they are deleted from another device that has the same email account.

9 replies

Aug 29, 2021 5:16 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Thankyou Lawerence - I turned my phone on last week only to find that there were no emails in the "in" box. The emails that I have sent are in the outbox.

I don't know how to retrieve these emails on my phone. This is the second time this has happened on this new phone. In accounts > Deleted Messages -I have ticked never

Aug 29, 2021 5:58 PM in response to lobsterghost1

please excuse my ignorance - when I follow the prompts your suggested

Settings > Mail > Accounts >outlook mail.... there is no "Days to Sync"

I have

Settings> Mail> Accounts>outlook mail>imap- Accounts> Imap -account information .... nothing after that OR

Settings> Mail> Accounts>outlook mail>imap- Accounts> Imap -account information > ADVANCED> Mailbox behaviours... nothing there

How do I stop my iPhone 12 emails from being automatically deleted?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.