Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Macbook Pro M1 Display, really hurts my eyes! LED Blue-ray is the cause ?

New Macbook Pro M1 Display, really hurts my eyes. By only using it to just watch a movie. Everytime I used it for ~2 hours, My eyes will be running & Feel hurt next morning! Do any of u think, it is the Blueray of LED is the cause?

I have been using apple since 2008

Macbook Pro ( 13” white ) 2008

Macbook Pro ( 13” Aluminium 2012 )

Macbook Pro ( 15” 2014 )

iMac 27, iMac21.5

Macbook Pro ( M1 ) - this really hurts

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Aug 29, 2021 6:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2021 7:06 PM

I did mention I have not just the M1, I can alway use the old Macbook, old iMac.

Undoubtably, apple have response with something similar with new LED display.

since they don’t produce the display, the only thing they can do is on the software side.

Which on iPhone & Mac, all were make available after LED display in place.

Two days ago, I tuned the LED display to much warmer tone setting. This is what make the different.

I personally hold tons of apple stock, as well as using only Mac system. Fine tuning to prologue using period, and keep updating hardware as needed, would be a must.

Learn to protect yourself, is a MUST learn.

There is not other option. Doctor, would not able to help u anything, if you don’t even try protect yourself in the first place.

Nor either getting a Health insurance would help you in this case.

Doctor were always telling us the same: No any treatment is better than prevention

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 31, 2021 7:06 PM in response to BobTheFisherman

I did mention I have not just the M1, I can alway use the old Macbook, old iMac.

Undoubtably, apple have response with something similar with new LED display.

since they don’t produce the display, the only thing they can do is on the software side.

Which on iPhone & Mac, all were make available after LED display in place.

Two days ago, I tuned the LED display to much warmer tone setting. This is what make the different.

I personally hold tons of apple stock, as well as using only Mac system. Fine tuning to prologue using period, and keep updating hardware as needed, would be a must.

Learn to protect yourself, is a MUST learn.

There is not other option. Doctor, would not able to help u anything, if you don’t even try protect yourself in the first place.

Nor either getting a Health insurance would help you in this case.

Doctor were always telling us the same: No any treatment is better than prevention

Aug 29, 2021 7:56 PM in response to jszeto

jszeto wrote:

Yeah man, there is nothing against Apple. Nor Tech. Just the way LED maybe, which is what we all Macbook / iMac user trying to understand.
<snip>
Vision is something we have to takecare, just we would avoid having dry air / dust goes into our eyes. 👀

I understand what you are saying but it would be irresponsible for us users to speculate about what is affecting your eyes. As with your dust example, avoid using your computer if you are experiencing eye health issues which you say are the result of using the computer. There are millions of Mac computer users who do not experience your symptoms. I can only speculate therefore that your eyes are behaving differently than others eyes. Only a health care professional can diagnose your issue. When it comes to the health of my eyes I would not leave it to random users on the Internet to say what the issue is.

Aug 29, 2021 7:50 PM in response to BobTheFisherman

Yeah man, there is nothing against Apple. Nor Tech. Just the way LED maybe, which is what we all Macbook / iMac user trying to understand.

What's related to vision health.

As weak back Lid vs powerful LED dot 🏳️‍🌈, potential harmful spectrum, is definitely something to find out, comment & research a little together here.

Then we can try if Blueray protection screen / glasses could help. 🥸

There is no answer about right or wrong,

just general discussion.

Of course setting to the right tone / 🌚🌟night mode would help a lot.

Vision is something we have to takecare, just we would avoid having dry air / dust goes into our eyes. 👀

New Macbook Pro M1 Display, really hurts my eyes! LED Blue-ray is the cause ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.