Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can not installed macOS Big Sur on my Mcbook Pro

My Mcbook pro with Sierra could not be upgraded to macOS Big Sur. I went to Apple Store, found the application but got this error when attempted to download: "this version of macos 11.5.2 cannot be installed on this computer".. how do I fix it? I need to bring my macOS to version 11 so that I can upgrade my xCode to version 13 from version 7. Please advise

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Aug 29, 2021 7:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2021 7:51 PM

Which model year for this MacBook Pro?

🍎 > About This Mac shows that.

Big Sur requires a MacBook Pro from Late 2013 or newer.

If this MacBook Pro is from late 2013 or newer, see ➡️ How to upgrade to macOS Big Sur - Apple Support

Use only Safari to start the Big Sur upgrade kit download.

Have a complete backup prior to the upgrade.

Chwck for 32-bit apps, as well. Use the Go64 Tool. Any 32-bit apps you’re using and any 32-bit vendor-provided printer or scanner drivers will all need an update or upgrade or replacement or retirement, as Catalina and later require all apps to be 64 bit.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 29, 2021 7:51 PM in response to AppleFanVA

Which model year for this MacBook Pro?

🍎 > About This Mac shows that.

Big Sur requires a MacBook Pro from Late 2013 or newer.

If this MacBook Pro is from late 2013 or newer, see ➡️ How to upgrade to macOS Big Sur - Apple Support

Use only Safari to start the Big Sur upgrade kit download.

Have a complete backup prior to the upgrade.

Chwck for 32-bit apps, as well. Use the Go64 Tool. Any 32-bit apps you’re using and any 32-bit vendor-provided printer or scanner drivers will all need an update or upgrade or replacement or retirement, as Catalina and later require all apps to be 64 bit.

Can not installed macOS Big Sur on my Mcbook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.