Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleted App still shows up on home screen

So I deleted an app because I needed some storage and then I wanted to get it back. So I went to my App Store and it said open, even though I deleted it. So I reseted my phone because I thought it was glitching and then this white app with lines on it appears on my home screen and it was the app I deleted. I went to settings > general > iPhone storage and tried to delete it from there and it didn’t show up. I reseted my phone multiple times and even deleted the app from backups! Please help and give me answers please!!

Posted on Aug 30, 2021 6:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2021 6:19 AM

Hey amya244,

Since it is showing "Update" in the App Store, we suggest updating it. After doing so, check to see if the app shows up as expected. Try to delete again by following the steps here: Delete apps on your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch

Let us know if this helps. Regards.

5 replies

Aug 31, 2021 3:34 PM in response to Chris_C1

Hi, so when I reseted my phone I pressed down on the power and Home Screen button until the apple icon came up. I didn’t restore the backup for the app I deleted it to see if it would do anything. I also reseted my phone again and the app is not on my Home Screen anymore but, when I try to get the app again it says update in the AppStore.

Deleted App still shows up on home screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.