Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Water damage?

I got some bad news today, cried while on my phone and my teardrops fell onto the screen (a gap between the screen and frame). Is it likely that the teardrops would cause water damage to the iPhone 12 Pro Max?

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 30, 2021 6:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2021 6:39 AM

iPhone and most iPod devices are equipped with Liquid Contact Indicators (LCIs) that you can see from the outside. An LCI will activate when it contacts water or a liquid containing water. The indicator's color is normally white or silver, but when it contacts water or a liquid containing water, it will turn fully red.

Water and other liquid damage to iPhone or iPod aren't covered ...

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 30, 2021 6:39 AM in response to Viikkah

iPhone and most iPod devices are equipped with Liquid Contact Indicators (LCIs) that you can see from the outside. An LCI will activate when it contacts water or a liquid containing water. The indicator's color is normally white or silver, but when it contacts water or a liquid containing water, it will turn fully red.

Water and other liquid damage to iPhone or iPod aren't covered ...

Water damage?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.