Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone syncing

I have an iPhone SE (2nd gen), iTunes and use Outlook on my PC for my Contacts.

If I enter a few new contacts directly into my iPhone and then sync using iTunes

to my Outlook contacts on my laptop, all the new contact entries I made on my iPhone

disappear.

Is there away to sync so that any new entries in Outlook contacts on my PC are synced to

my iPhone and any new entries on my iPhone are synced to my Contacts on my PC (i.e.:

two way syncing)?

Posted on Aug 30, 2021 7:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2021 7:13 AM

You need not sync using iTunes. Simply add the email account to the iOS mail app. That's it. It will sync automatically over the net.

Unlike some Android devices, contacts are neither stored locally on an iPhone nor in SIM. They are synced to an email account that you had Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo or any Other

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 30, 2021 7:13 AM in response to yves20

You need not sync using iTunes. Simply add the email account to the iOS mail app. That's it. It will sync automatically over the net.

Unlike some Android devices, contacts are neither stored locally on an iPhone nor in SIM. They are synced to an email account that you had Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo or any Other

iPhone syncing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.