Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Playing Apple Music on an iPhone : files described as 192 Hkz only playing in 96 Khz

hello,

I bought an external DAC (E30) in order to enjoy the lossless quality sound. Unfortunately, some files coded on 192 Hkz are playing only 96 Hkz only. I bought an apple lightning USB cable. I am using my Iphone in IOS 14.7.1. Only some files are playing in 96 instead of 192. Miles Davis album is playing well in 192 Hkz. Some files on Apple are wrong or what? What is the current issue?

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 30, 2021 8:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2021 7:21 AM

Hi JPrmL!

It sounds like some items in Apple Music are not playing at the highest available bitrate, and we're happy to help. The quality available for specific titles can vary, and 192 kHz resolution will not be available with every title. You can read more here:

About lossless audio in Apple Music

If you have further questions, you should contact Apple Support using this link:

Contact Apple Support

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 31, 2021 7:21 AM in response to JPrmL

Hi JPrmL!

It sounds like some items in Apple Music are not playing at the highest available bitrate, and we're happy to help. The quality available for specific titles can vary, and 192 kHz resolution will not be available with every title. You can read more here:

About lossless audio in Apple Music

If you have further questions, you should contact Apple Support using this link:

Contact Apple Support

Cheers!

Playing Apple Music on an iPhone : files described as 192 Hkz only playing in 96 Khz

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.