Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2017 MacBook Rubber Surrounding Screen Suddenly Melting Off

Apparently this is called "reversion" and it just happened to my Macbook just when I was getting ready to trade it up for a new one. Is there a recall to fix this? The rubber surrounding my screen has melted all over the place and looks terrible. I haven't even taken this outside of my house really between being retired, disabled veteran and now COVID avoidance. Was going to send in for the ongoing keyboard malfunctions, maybe (they already replaced once for the keyboard malfunction). I am very disappointed in the Macbooks, must say. I have had Macs since 1992, should have stopped upgrading at my G4 cube.

MacBook, macOS 11.5

Posted on Aug 30, 2021 12:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2021 5:47 AM

We hear you!  But you'll need to contact Apple to determine your next course of action.

Similar questions

1 reply

2017 MacBook Rubber Surrounding Screen Suddenly Melting Off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.