Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

rented or purchased video not playing with latest version of iTunes

With the latest version of iTunes (12.11.4.15) I cannot properly play movies that I buy or rent from the iTunes store. But with a previous version (12.11.0.26) I can. This is true whether I stream or download the movie. The audio is perfect but the video is scrambled like it has not been decoded properly. I can view trailers at the iTunes store and play mp4s that I have created. I just cannot view purchased or rented movies and TV programs from the iTunes store.

I've run Windows update and I'm up to date (Windows 10 Pro 21H1 build 19043.1165). I checked for updates for iTunes and I have the latest version and I have all the latest drivers. I have a Dell laptop and they provide a program, Dell Update, that checks the drivers for me.

I can run Task Manager while playing a movie with iTunes and my processor is only running at 50% capacity and my GPU is only running at about 25% capacity. So, my system can handle the load.

Any ideas on what I can do other than go back to the old version of iTunes for ever?

Does anyone know where there is a list of known incompatibilities or bugs with iTunes 12.11.4.15?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Aug 30, 2021 7:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2021 7:24 AM

Stick with the previous build until a new one comes out. The current build likely works well on other hardware but has some issues working with yours. Use Feedback - iTunes - Apple to let Apple know.

tt2

Similar questions

3 replies

rented or purchased video not playing with latest version of iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.