Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Erased partition is still full

I have a 1TB Adata external drive that had 2 partitions, one of which I use for Time Machine backup. I erased the other one (New Backup); then removed the partition; then renamed it (Bootable Mojave) and created a new partition. It was never full, but now it is full of all sorts of things that were never there in the first place according to system information. The new name shows in the finder, but it shows almost nothing on it (checked with hidden items as below). And Disk utility shows something different. I ran first aid, which showed as successful, but still no change in the system info window. And when I tried to restore Mojave to that disk, it failed. What could be going on here and how can I fix it?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Aug 31, 2021 1:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2021 8:06 AM

I think the Finder Get Info is correct.

Safe Boot, (holding Shift key down at startup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode? Could take 10 minutes.

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches & loads safe Drivers, & prevents loading of 3rd party extensions, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 31, 2021 8:06 AM in response to teri555

I think the Finder Get Info is correct.

Safe Boot, (holding Shift key down at startup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode? Could take 10 minutes.

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches & loads safe Drivers, & prevents loading of 3rd party extensions, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

Erased partition is still full

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.