Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unstable monitor connection MacBook Pro

Hi guys,

I use my MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports) with two external monitors. USB C -> HDMI cable and HP EliteDisplay E243 monitor. I always have a stable connection from Thunderbolt port 1 and an unstable connection from Thunderbolt port 2. The monitor connected to port 2 blacks out every once in a while, and sometimes the monitor stays black. Only way to get it back to function is to disconnect and connect the USB C cable.

Any idea why, and how to solve this issue?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Aug 31, 2021 2:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2021 6:51 AM

Toby_NO wrote:

Hi guys,

I use my MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports) with two external monitors. USB C -> HDMI cable and HP EliteDisplay E243 monitor. I always have a stable connection from Thunderbolt port 1 and an unstable connection from Thunderbolt port 2. The monitor connected to port 2 blacks out every once in a while, and sometimes the monitor stays black. Only way to get it back to function is to disconnect and connect the USB C cable.

You can Try resetting NVRAM/PRAM http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1379

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 31, 2021 6:51 AM in response to Toby_NO

Toby_NO wrote:

Hi guys,

You can Try resetting NVRAM/PRAM http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1379

Unstable monitor connection MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.