Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transition current Android phone and legacy iPhone to new iPhone

I have not used an iPhone since my 4S, is it possible to consolidate the data on my 4S and current Android into a new iPhone?

iPhone 4s, iOS 9

Posted on Aug 31, 2021 7:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2021 7:33 AM

Try this...

iPhone to iPhone, there are three ways,

1. Quick Transfer --> Use QuickStart to transfer data to a new iPhone, iPad or iPod ...
  2. Restore from iCloud Backup --> Restore or set up your device from an iCloud backup - Apple ...
  3. Restore from iTunes backup --> Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch in iTunes on PC ...

Android to iPhone

1. Do not Use --> Move from Android to iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple ...
  2. You probably have already set up your device using either of the above three options, then you can still transfer these data from your Android device to iPhone
    1. Photos & Videos --> Upload to iCloud Photos using the same Apple ID that you have used on your iPhone. After upload, enable iCloud Photos on your iPhone. That's it.
    2. Contacts --> Contacts are not stored on an iPhone nor on SIM, they are synced to  Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo or any Other. Upload all your contacts to any of the above email client-server.
    3. Notes, Reminders, Calendars --> You may sync all these from any of the email accounts that you have. they are synced to  Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo or any Other. Upload all your data to any of the above email client-server.
    4. Any Specific Files --> Upload to Cloud Drives (iCloud Drive, Google Drive, OneDrive, DropBox, Flickr, box, AmazonDrive, Adobe Creative Cloud and Use Files app on iPhone
    5. Apps --> In any way they have to be redownloaded using the App Store.
  3. WhatsApp --> My experience says you can't transfer because on Android, WhatsApp, chat history is not stored on iCloud, on iOS it is.
    1. That may be possible with third-party software. Warning!; WhatsApp data through third-party software has the risk of data being compromised. Because the data will be churned through third-party servers, which may or may not be encrypted. Be judicious while selecting the software and taking this call.
    2. Having said that, WhatsApp is not an Apple product. Contact the app developer here --> App Support or WhatsApp FAQ or Restoring your chat history - WhatsApp FAQ
  4. Shazam Account --> Access your Shazams on all your devices or online - Apple ...

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 31, 2021 7:33 AM in response to Gflyer80

Try this...

iPhone to iPhone, there are three ways,

1. Quick Transfer --> Use QuickStart to transfer data to a new iPhone, iPad or iPod ...
  2. Restore from iCloud Backup --> Restore or set up your device from an iCloud backup - Apple ...
  3. Restore from iTunes backup --> Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch in iTunes on PC ...

Android to iPhone

1. Do not Use --> Move from Android to iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple ...
  2. You probably have already set up your device using either of the above three options, then you can still transfer these data from your Android device to iPhone
    1. Photos & Videos --> Upload to iCloud Photos using the same Apple ID that you have used on your iPhone. After upload, enable iCloud Photos on your iPhone. That's it.
    2. Contacts --> Contacts are not stored on an iPhone nor on SIM, they are synced to  Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo or any Other. Upload all your contacts to any of the above email client-server.
    3. Notes, Reminders, Calendars --> You may sync all these from any of the email accounts that you have. they are synced to  Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo or any Other. Upload all your data to any of the above email client-server.
    4. Any Specific Files --> Upload to Cloud Drives (iCloud Drive, Google Drive, OneDrive, DropBox, Flickr, box, AmazonDrive, Adobe Creative Cloud and Use Files app on iPhone
    5. Apps --> In any way they have to be redownloaded using the App Store.
  3. WhatsApp --> My experience says you can't transfer because on Android, WhatsApp, chat history is not stored on iCloud, on iOS it is.
    1. That may be possible with third-party software. Warning!; WhatsApp data through third-party software has the risk of data being compromised. Because the data will be churned through third-party servers, which may or may not be encrypted. Be judicious while selecting the software and taking this call.
    2. Having said that, WhatsApp is not an Apple product. Contact the app developer here --> App Support or WhatsApp FAQ or Restoring your chat history - WhatsApp FAQ
  4. Shazam Account --> Access your Shazams on all your devices or online - Apple ...

Aug 31, 2021 7:56 AM in response to SravanKrA

Thanks! The only items I want to transfer to my new iPhone from my iPhone 4S are pictures, music, and iMessages, everything else would be from my current Android phone. In that case would it make more sense to move all my Android data to the new iPhone, then log into iCloud to get my photos, and iTunes to get my music? I assume I would lose my iMessages in the process, correct?

Aug 31, 2021 7:57 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

The only items I want to transfer to my new iPhone from my iPhone 4S are pictures, music, and iMessages, everything else would be from my current Android phone. In that case would it make more sense to move all my Android data to the new iPhone, then log into iCloud to get my photos, and iTunes to get my music? I assume I would lose my iMessages in the process, correct?

Aug 31, 2021 9:45 AM in response to Gflyer80

You have the right idea. First, set up the new phone from the Android.

Then, on the 4S go to Settings[your name]/iCloud and turn on switches for anything you want to sync to the new phone, which can include Messages. You would have to sync music from iTunes on your computer unless all of your music was purchased from iTunes. In that case you can just download it from the iTunes store.

Transition current Android phone and legacy iPhone to new iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.