Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Import of file to Garage Band sounds broken.

I'm using Garage Band 10.2.0 to edit the podcast episodes for a year.

Last two episodes of my podcast I can't edit there. I can record nicely in GB but can't import file from Zencastr. All settings have not changed. The file from Zencastr sounds good by itself in Finder and Music. When I import it to Garage Band it sounds broken, with not appropriate pauses in my voice and my guest.

I've tried to edit it in Audacity, everything is clear and sound good, but I don't like the program and I got used to GB.

Maybe someone had experienced such issues and have a solution?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Aug 31, 2021 9:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2021 8:04 AM

Hello AliaksandrM,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

We understand that when importing a specific file to GaragBand, the sound quality after the import is not as expected. We'd like to help.

Here's some information on how to Import audio and MIDI files in GarageBand on Mac. Is the file you're importing for Zencastr a supported file type?

You mentioned using GarageBand 10.2.0, do you have any updates available or compatible with your Mac? Are you able to update to the current 10.4 version? If so, we would recommend doing that first.

Take care.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 1, 2021 8:04 AM in response to AliaksandrM

Hello AliaksandrM,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

We understand that when importing a specific file to GaragBand, the sound quality after the import is not as expected. We'd like to help.

Here's some information on how to Import audio and MIDI files in GarageBand on Mac. Is the file you're importing for Zencastr a supported file type?

You mentioned using GarageBand 10.2.0, do you have any updates available or compatible with your Mac? Are you able to update to the current 10.4 version? If so, we would recommend doing that first.

Take care.

Import of file to Garage Band sounds broken.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.