Newsroom Update

New features come to Apple services this fall. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to enable an option to select multiple non-contiguous pieces of text in Pages app?

I need to format a big amount of separate non-contiguous pieces of text in the document and I don't want to format each piece separately. That would be time-consuming and tedious work for me.

In the TextEdit app, to be able to select multiple non-contiguous pieces of text you need to enable the "Rich text" format option in TextEdit Preferences.

But what about Pages? How to do it in the Pages app?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Aug 31, 2021 11:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2021 3:01 PM

Pages v5 thru the current v11.1 does not support non-contiguous text selection. Nothing you can do about that limitation that has existed since Oct 2013, other than by choosing a different word processor that has this support.

5 replies

Sep 9, 2021 9:55 AM in response to EugenTarasenko

Ashamed? Probably not, as it has been nearly 8-years without remedy since the first Pages v5 application rolled out in Oct 2013. There are other word processing applications, some even free (LibreOffice) that offer non-contiguous text selection. Owning a Mac does not require one to use Pages if some missing features undermine productivity.

How to enable an option to select multiple non-contiguous pieces of text in Pages app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.