Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I deleted Apple Music from my iPhone 6 and now I have to pay for it

I was trying to listen to music on my phone, but it wasn’t working, so I decided to delete and reinstall Apple Music. When I reinstalled it, I found all my music missing, which wasn’t a big deal to me. However, when I tried redownloading it, I was led to a page in which I was told that I have to sign up for a subscription in order to listen to it. I’m confused, as before I deleted the app, I didn’t need to pay for it and just listened freely. How do I fix this?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Aug 31, 2021 3:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2021 7:31 PM

One way or another you have to pay for music you get from Apple - either purchase it from the iTunes Store or lease it with an Apple Music subscription. (You can sync music you imported from a CD (for example) with a computer for free.). If you subscribed to Apple Music, did you turn on Sync Library:

If songs are missing from your music library after you turn on Sync Library - Apple Support

If you purchased it from the iTunes Store, you should be able to download it for free:

Redownload music - Apple Support

Perhaps you had a free trial subscription to Apple Music. Once you deleted Apple Music, that free trial period is gone forever.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 31, 2021 7:31 PM in response to Skrpp0

One way or another you have to pay for music you get from Apple - either purchase it from the iTunes Store or lease it with an Apple Music subscription. (You can sync music you imported from a CD (for example) with a computer for free.). If you subscribed to Apple Music, did you turn on Sync Library:

If songs are missing from your music library after you turn on Sync Library - Apple Support

If you purchased it from the iTunes Store, you should be able to download it for free:

Redownload music - Apple Support

Perhaps you had a free trial subscription to Apple Music. Once you deleted Apple Music, that free trial period is gone forever.

I deleted Apple Music from my iPhone 6 and now I have to pay for it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.