Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch 6 + Cellular with Verizon - My girlfriend bought me a watch via her verizon account How do i activate with my iPhone?

My girlfriend has a verizon account. She bought me an apple watch 6 with cellular. Shes paying the monthly fee. She lives in California.

I have my own verizon account with an iPhone. I live in Oklahoma.

She asked and was told via verizon chat that i could activate this watch using my iPhone and connect it to my apple ID.

Is this statement from verizon true? If not what are my options?

I was at the verizon store for 2 hours today and they couldn't get cellular activated.

Currently on the phone with verizon for an hour and this guy cant even figure out what we're trying to do. I just need someone who actually knows what they are talking about to tell me if i should box this thing up and send it back or how to get cellular working.

Posted on Aug 31, 2021 7:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2021 7:47 PM

A Watch can be run as a kids’ or family member’s watch, or the way you probably want which is paired ro your iPhone.

Former: Set up an Apple Watch for a family member - Apple Support

Latter: How to pair your Apple Watch with a new iPhone - Apple Support

The latter requires the Watch to be on the same cellular plan as your paired iPhone. Not on another plan.

Try a different cellular provider store too, and try to find a carrier store in your area and not a reseller, if you’ve been working with a reseller store. At least around here, the carrier-owned stores seem to have better access into the carrier network tooling and to the carrier support staff.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 31, 2021 7:47 PM in response to 39CentStamp

A Watch can be run as a kids’ or family member’s watch, or the way you probably want which is paired ro your iPhone.

Former: Set up an Apple Watch for a family member - Apple Support

Latter: How to pair your Apple Watch with a new iPhone - Apple Support

The latter requires the Watch to be on the same cellular plan as your paired iPhone. Not on another plan.

Try a different cellular provider store too, and try to find a carrier store in your area and not a reseller, if you’ve been working with a reseller store. At least around here, the carrier-owned stores seem to have better access into the carrier network tooling and to the carrier support staff.

Aug 31, 2021 7:38 PM in response to MrHoffman

Your response is confusing. You first state that it needs to be on the same cellular plan. Then you say "assuming you don’t want to operate under Family Sharing akin to a kid’s Watch and without carrying the paired iPhone." The second sentence then makes me think that it is possible.

As of right now the watch is paired to my phone and works perfectly as long as my phone is nearby and connected to it.

What doesn't work is cellular....which is the whole point of getting the watch with cellular. No one at verizon can tell us why.

Apple Watch 6 + Cellular with Verizon - My girlfriend bought me a watch via her verizon account How do i activate with my iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.