Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WiFi connection problem

Hello I was wondering if anyone else had this problem where they connect to their WiFi on their IPhoneXR and it seems to not give you any connection, well that’s happening to me and I have an idea why but I don’t understand why I wouldn’t get any WiFi, so basically my dad uses my phones MAC address so he can limit my WiFi for when I do school work (Online) but when it gives me a privacy warning when trying to connect to the WiFi I am only able to connect if I turn off the “Private Address” and it still doesn’t give me any connection. If you have a answer that can work please help, I have also tried to reset the network settings and soft restarting my phone but still doesn’t work.

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 31, 2021 10:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2021 10:58 PM

NotRealWolf Said:

"WiFi connection problem: Hello I was wondering if anyone else had this problem where they connect to their WiFi on their IPhoneXR and it seems to not give you any connection, well that’s happening to me and I have an idea why but I don’t understand why I wouldn’t get any WiFi[...]"

-------

Troubleshooting iPhone WiFi not Working:

Try The Following the the Order Provided:

I. Start Here: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support

II. What Else to Try:

A. Restarting the iPhone:

If any changes were made (i.e. Installed Apps), then Settings (i.e Wf-Fi), may have become manipulated technically. So, try restarting the iPhone:

1. Go To: Settings
  2. Tap: General
  3. Tap: Shut Down
  4. Slide: Your Finger to the Right

B. Disable Cellular:

Try disabling Cellular, and using Wi-Fi instead, seeing if that makes all the difference. Cellular always overrules Wi-Fi.

C. Try manually restarting your iPhone:

2. Select: General
  3. Scroll to: the Very Bottom
  4. Select: Shut Down
  5. Slide Finger: to the Right
  6. Wait: 30 Seconds
  7. Power One: the iPhone
  8. Try this Once More
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 31, 2021 10:58 PM in response to NotRealWolf

NotRealWolf Said:

"WiFi connection problem: Hello I was wondering if anyone else had this problem where they connect to their WiFi on their IPhoneXR and it seems to not give you any connection, well that’s happening to me and I have an idea why but I don’t understand why I wouldn’t get any WiFi[...]"

-------

Troubleshooting iPhone WiFi not Working:

Try The Following the the Order Provided:

I. Start Here: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support

II. What Else to Try:

A. Restarting the iPhone:

If any changes were made (i.e. Installed Apps), then Settings (i.e Wf-Fi), may have become manipulated technically. So, try restarting the iPhone:

2. Tap: General
  3. Tap: Shut Down
  4. Slide: Your Finger to the Right

B. Disable Cellular:

Try disabling Cellular, and using Wi-Fi instead, seeing if that makes all the difference. Cellular always overrules Wi-Fi.

C. Try manually restarting your iPhone:

2. Select: General
  3. Scroll to: the Very Bottom
  4. Select: Shut Down
  5. Slide Finger: to the Right
  6. Wait: 30 Seconds
  7. Power One: the iPhone
  8. Try this Once More

Aug 31, 2021 11:14 PM in response to NotRealWolf

NotRealWolf Said:

"[...]so basically my dad uses my phones MAC address so he can limit my WiFi for when I do school work (Online) but when it gives me a privacy warning when trying to connect to the WiFi I am only able to connect if I turn off the “Private Address” and it still doesn’t give me any connection. If you have a answer that can work please help, I have also tried to reset the network settings and soft restarting my phone but still doesn’t work."

-------

Talk the the Web Master:

If you are having troubles connecting to your school's network, then speak to the Web Master, as they are the one who troubleshoot and manage the networks.

WiFi connection problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.