Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I forgot my iPad password and now it asks me to connect to itunes but I tried to download itunes on my macbook but it failed to download and I did all the mac updates and my last update is macOS11.5.2

I forgot my iPad password and now it asks me to connect to itunes but I tried to download itunes on my macbook but it failed to download and I did all the mac updates and my last update is macOS11.5.2

iPad Air, iOS 11

Posted on Sep 1, 2021 7:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2021 9:02 AM

iTunes cannot be installed on a Mac that is running macOS 11.5.2. It was discontinued and replaced by other apps. See: What happened to iTunes? - Apple Support

For a forgotten iPad passcode, a Mac now uses Finder instead of iTunes. See the instructions in If you forgot the passcode on your iPad, or your iPad is disabled - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 1, 2021 9:02 AM in response to haya207

iTunes cannot be installed on a Mac that is running macOS 11.5.2. It was discontinued and replaced by other apps. See: What happened to iTunes? - Apple Support

For a forgotten iPad passcode, a Mac now uses Finder instead of iTunes. See the instructions in If you forgot the passcode on your iPad, or your iPad is disabled - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.