Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Slow Channel Change for YouTube TV on Apple TV 4K

I have the latest generation of Apple TV 4K and I'm using the YouTube TV app for TV viewing. I'm using an ethernet connection at 500 mbps but my channel changing for YT TV is very slow, about 10 seconds between channels. I deleted and reinstalled the YT TV app but no change in Channel change speed. Picture quality is excellent but slow to change channels. Any suggestions?

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Sep 1, 2021 9:34 AM

3 replies

Sep 2, 2021 7:59 AM in response to Rnaltd

Hello Rnaltd.

Thanks for your post in Apple Communities about your Apple TV and viewing the YouTube TV app. We have some additional steps that might help, specific to your Apple TV.

First, try restarting it fully with these steps:

Restart Apple TV

Those steps include actually unplugging it from the power source for at least 5 seconds. See if that helps.

Next, check for an Apple TV update, then an update for the YouTube app:

Update your Apple TV

Lastly, you may need to fully reset your Apple TV. Keep in mind this will fully erase your Apple TV along with your account information and configuration settings. You will need to input items after it's done.

Reset Apple TV

All the best.

Sep 2, 2021 11:39 AM in response to Soosie_J215

Hi, thanks for the suggestions. I tried them all but it did not fix the slow channel change for YouTube TV. All other apps are fast (Netflix, Prime, etc.) but the YT TV is still slow changing. I have the YT TV app on another smart TV and the channel change is much faster. Just seems to be very slow when used with Apple TV - again, only the channel changing, start up and other functions of YT TV are fast.

Puzzling.

Slow Channel Change for YouTube TV on Apple TV 4K

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.