Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

transferring contacts to pc from iphone

trying to sync contacts & calendar from iPhone to new PC. Online instructions mention selecting the INFO tab (in iTunes) once the device is connected to the laptop, after which syncing files can be selected.. There is no such INFO tab. How do I proceed?

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Sep 1, 2021 9:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2021 10:27 AM

Perhaps you need to select the device with this icon first:

Backup your device first, preferably to both iTunes and iCloud if you can for redundancy. My recollection of these instructions is that you must create at least one calendar and one contact entry on the computer so that you are prompted to merge items on the iPhone with those in the computer, otherwise the data on the phone may be simply wiped out.

tt2

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 1, 2021 10:27 AM in response to djbwm

Perhaps you need to select the device with this icon first:

Backup your device first, preferably to both iTunes and iCloud if you can for redundancy. My recollection of these instructions is that you must create at least one calendar and one contact entry on the computer so that you are prompted to merge items on the iPhone with those in the computer, otherwise the data on the phone may be simply wiped out.

tt2

transferring contacts to pc from iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.