Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Creating a Table of Contents

I am trying to create a table of contents that includes headings that are within a Table in my pages document.

When I create the table of contents it only takes into account headings outside of the table.

Is there a way to include the headings that are in my table?

Thanks ,

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Sep 1, 2021 1:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 2, 2021 8:43 AM

When you click on that ToC, there will be a table of contents panel on the right where you can select the paragraph styles to be captured by the ToC. Table headings are not paragraph styles, the latter with which the ToC supports.

4 replies

Sep 2, 2021 9:08 AM in response to VikingOSX

I have gone into the menu where you choose the paragraph styles that will be captured by the TOC. The problem is that when I set words that are within the table to the same paragraph styles I have chosen to be captured, the TOC does not seem to read them. The TOC will only read those that are outside of the table. Is it possible to have words in a Table be shown in a TOC?

Creating a Table of Contents

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.