Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my apple watch have a green light on my apple watch when I rub my eyes.

Why does my apple watch have a green light on when I rub my eyes.

iPhone XS Max, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 1, 2021 4:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2021 7:29 PM

Are you referring to the back of the watch? Apple Watch uses green LED lights paired with light‑sensitive photodiodes to detect the amount of blood flowing through your wrist at any given moment. When your heart beats, the blood flow in your wrist — and the green light absorption — is greater. Between beats, it’s less. By flashing its LED lights hundreds of times per second, Apple Watch can calculate the number of times the heart beats each minute — your heart rate. For more info, see:

Monitor your heart rate with Apple Watch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 1, 2021 7:29 PM in response to caren211

Are you referring to the back of the watch? Apple Watch uses green LED lights paired with light‑sensitive photodiodes to detect the amount of blood flowing through your wrist at any given moment. When your heart beats, the blood flow in your wrist — and the green light absorption — is greater. Between beats, it’s less. By flashing its LED lights hundreds of times per second, Apple Watch can calculate the number of times the heart beats each minute — your heart rate. For more info, see:

Monitor your heart rate with Apple Watch - Apple Support

Why does my apple watch have a green light on my apple watch when I rub my eyes.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.