Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery life

So which one is the truth? , charging phone till 100% is the best way or uplug it before 100% to expand battery life so just charge till 80%/90%?

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Sep 1, 2021 6:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 2, 2021 1:18 PM

Sure, you can go either way.

FWIW, I got my 2020 iPhone SE back in May of 2020. I enabled the "Optimize Battery Charging" from day one and it continues in that mode today. With that said, my phone still has 93% maximum capacity and is not having any issues ... either using it or with charging it. I normally leave it connected to the power adapter when I'm not using it; otherwise, it runs off the battery the rest of the time.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 2, 2021 1:18 PM in response to Smoothiesss

Sure, you can go either way.

FWIW, I got my 2020 iPhone SE back in May of 2020. I enabled the "Optimize Battery Charging" from day one and it continues in that mode today. With that said, my phone still has 93% maximum capacity and is not having any issues ... either using it or with charging it. I normally leave it connected to the power adapter when I'm not using it; otherwise, it runs off the battery the rest of the time.

Battery life

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.