Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Purchase sharing

My father recently bought an app on the App Store so me and my mom could have the app. But once I tried to download the app it said I still had to buy the app when my family has purchase sharing on. The app was available for my mom but on my phone I still have to pay. Is there something I can do?

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 1, 2021 6:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2021 6:14 PM

Did your father "invite" you to the Apple Family Sharing plan?

Ref: How to download apps and content that your family members purchased - Apple Support

2 replies

Oct 9, 2021 7:14 AM in response to Parker2254

I have the same question. The help page they gave through the link above does not address the issue we have. I paid the $8 to remove ads in Happy Color on my iPad. The app shows Family Sharing is available. I want to be able to color ad-free on my daughter’s iPad. Similarly, I have Toca World on my iPad and have purchased several “worlds”. Now that my daughter has her own iPad, I’d like her to have access to the $40 worth of content on her device. It is also listed as eligible for Family Sharing.

If the answer is that in-app purchases are not included in Family Sharing then that defeats the purpose for a lot of families.

Purchase sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.