Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My laptop can’t sync my music to my iPhone. What step I need to take to fix it?

My laptop stop syncing my music to my iPhone. What can I do to fix it?

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 1, 2021 8:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 2, 2021 2:56 PM

Hi Joyti_Jmg,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

We understand that you can't sync music to your iPhone using iTunes on your PC. Are you receiving an error when syncing? Make sure your computer is running the latest software version and latest iTunes version using the guidance in the article Update to the latest version of iTunes.

Regards.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 2, 2021 2:56 PM in response to Joyti_Jmg

Hi Joyti_Jmg,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

We understand that you can't sync music to your iPhone using iTunes on your PC. Are you receiving an error when syncing? Make sure your computer is running the latest software version and latest iTunes version using the guidance in the article Update to the latest version of iTunes.

Regards.

Sep 10, 2021 12:35 PM in response to Joyti_Jmg

Check the settings to see if you have any Sync options set.

• connect the iPhone to your computer
  • click on the iPhone icon when it appears:

• You will then see the Device/Summary pane. Using the screenshot below, click on Device/Music (1.):

• click on the Sync Music box (2.), which will add the tick. Unless you tick that box, nothing will be Synced with your device
  • for this step (3.), you can tick (check) either:
    • Entire music library - which will add all the music in your library, to your iPhone. You will not see section 4
    • Selected playlists, artists, albums and genres - which will then show sections numbered 4. Select the items (in any of the sections 4) that you want on your device
  • if you have changed any of the above options, you must click on the Sync button (or Apply button) in the lower right corner of iTunes (not shown in screenshot) in order for your choices to be actioned
  • once the Sync is complete, click on the eject icon and remove your device from your computer

My laptop can’t sync my music to my iPhone. What step I need to take to fix it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.