Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Add apps on Apple Watch family plan

How can I add apps to and Apple Watch that is part of our family plan?

Apple Watch

Posted on Sep 1, 2021 11:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2021 9:16 PM

Thanks for the info. I have tried all of that and it doesn’t come up with an option to add it. I am trying to add the MyQ app to my daughter’s Apple Watch. She has an iPad but not an iPhone. I was able to add the MyQ to her iPad. Her watch is connected to my iPhone and is run through the Family Set up. Hopefully that helps clarify. I have the MyQ app in my phone as well.

Thanks for any help with this!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 7, 2021 9:16 PM in response to SnickZ.

Thanks for the info. I have tried all of that and it doesn’t come up with an option to add it. I am trying to add the MyQ app to my daughter’s Apple Watch. She has an iPad but not an iPhone. I was able to add the MyQ to her iPad. Her watch is connected to my iPhone and is run through the Family Set up. Hopefully that helps clarify. I have the MyQ app in my phone as well.

Thanks for any help with this!

Sep 3, 2021 5:31 AM in response to LeisaMac

Hi LeisaMac,

Thanks for reaching out using Apple Support Communities. Here to help.

It sounds like you are trying to add apps to your family members Apple Watch.

If the family member does not have their own iPhone, apps can be added to their Apple Watch in two ways. This can be done directly on the Apple Watch using the App Store app. You also can use the iPhone that was used to set up the Apple Watch.

If using the iPhone, open the Watch app. In the top left corner, tap on All Watches, then choose your family members watch. Scroll down further and you will be able to choose to install any apps that are also installed on your iPhone and offer an Apple Watch app.

Get more apps on Apple Watch

The above article will further outline the steps to download Apple Watch apps.

Hope this helps! Let us know if we can clarify anything further.

Take care for now.

Sep 8, 2021 12:03 PM in response to LeisaMac

Hi LeisaMac,

Thanks for following up.

In your scenario, her Apple Watches companion device would be your iPhone, since your iPhone was used to set up the Apple Watch.

On your iPhone, head to the Watch app. In the top left corner, tap on All Watches, then choose your daughters watch. Scrolling down to the bottom of the page will present you with what installed applications you can install on her Watch. Alternatively, have you also tried searching the App Store on the Apple Watch for this app?

Ensure the Apple Watch is caught up on any software updates, as this can impact what apps the Watch is eligible for.

Update your Apple Watch

You may also want to speak with myQ to inquire if this setup is possible, or if every user will require their own iPhone to use the myQ Apple Watch app. We've linked to their support page below which includes links to contact them directly.

myQ App Help & Customer Support

Hope this helps! Take care for now.

Add apps on Apple Watch family plan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.