Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ACTIVATION LOCK

Guys i need help, i just bought an iphone 7 plus from someone while i was travelling it wast not loggen in any apple ID so i entered mine and used but recently i updated it to IOS14.7 then it asked me about an activation lock as i entered mine it denied my access and requested ID used to activate..i dont know the person because i had just met him so i cant ask for ID NOTE: The device is not reported LOST what can i do

Posted on Sep 2, 2021 2:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 2, 2021 2:18 AM

Sorry: in the situation you describe there is nothing whatever you can do. If a used iOS device has been 'Activation locked' then only the previous owner can unlock it, either by providing you with the account ID and password, or by carrying out the steps detailed in How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support (as he should have done before selling it).

As you are unable to contact him to do this then I'm afraid you will not be able to use the device - there is no other way of unlocking it at all. Apple cannot unlock it for you, nor find the previous owner for you, and neither can the websites that offer to unlock it for a fee: these are scams.

I'm afraid this is a risk you run in purchasing an iOS device from a stranger who you wont' be able to contact.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 2, 2021 2:18 AM in response to derickson16

Sorry: in the situation you describe there is nothing whatever you can do. If a used iOS device has been 'Activation locked' then only the previous owner can unlock it, either by providing you with the account ID and password, or by carrying out the steps detailed in How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support (as he should have done before selling it).

As you are unable to contact him to do this then I'm afraid you will not be able to use the device - there is no other way of unlocking it at all. Apple cannot unlock it for you, nor find the previous owner for you, and neither can the websites that offer to unlock it for a fee: these are scams.

I'm afraid this is a risk you run in purchasing an iOS device from a stranger who you wont' be able to contact.

ACTIVATION LOCK

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.