Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Column width changes when I change of mail box

Hi

When I switch from my inbox to my sent box, the columns are different (from is essential for inbox and useless for the sent one..). And when I come back to the inbox, then the column width settings are all messed up and I have to widen the columns every time...

Is there something that could be done?

Thanks

Posted on Sep 2, 2021 2:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 2, 2021 3:25 AM

One way you can try to handle this is to create separate tabs (yes, we can use tabs in Mail!).

Set up one tab the way you want for Sent, and set up another the way you want for Inbox, or other boxes.

Then instead of clicking to a different mailbox, switch to another tab.

Or...

I have not used Column Layout in years. Perhaps it is worth to try turning off Column Layout.

It may be perplexing for a while, as the view is substantially different, but once I did it, pretty soon I could not even stand the old Column Layout... it looks like the 1990s to me.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 2, 2021 3:25 AM in response to callmethedude

One way you can try to handle this is to create separate tabs (yes, we can use tabs in Mail!).

Set up one tab the way you want for Sent, and set up another the way you want for Inbox, or other boxes.

Then instead of clicking to a different mailbox, switch to another tab.

Or...

I have not used Column Layout in years. Perhaps it is worth to try turning off Column Layout.

It may be perplexing for a while, as the view is substantially different, but once I did it, pretty soon I could not even stand the old Column Layout... it looks like the 1990s to me.

Column width changes when I change of mail box

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.