Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reset Old iPad

I can't reset my old ipad with my new apple ID. How can I do this?

iPad 2

Posted on Sep 2, 2021 3:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 2, 2021 3:23 AM

If you intend to fully reset an iPad for use with a different AppleID, the easiest and most reliable method of making this transition is to follow this procedure:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

The tags appended to your post suggest that you have an iPad2. Be aware that the reset will remove all but the Apps pre-installed with the Operating System. The majority of 32-bit Apps, compatible with an iPad2, have been withdrawn from the App Store by App developers; as such, you may have difficulty replacing Apps - which in turn may impact the usefulness of a very old model of iPad. iPad2, along with many much newer models, is obsolete.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 2, 2021 3:23 AM in response to Muntu_M

If you intend to fully reset an iPad for use with a different AppleID, the easiest and most reliable method of making this transition is to follow this procedure:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

The tags appended to your post suggest that you have an iPad2. Be aware that the reset will remove all but the Apps pre-installed with the Operating System. The majority of 32-bit Apps, compatible with an iPad2, have been withdrawn from the App Store by App developers; as such, you may have difficulty replacing Apps - which in turn may impact the usefulness of a very old model of iPad. iPad2, along with many much newer models, is obsolete.

Reset Old iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.