Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

TV ears, Bose Speakers, Roku Streaming stick, Apple TVapp, powered optical splitter - only crackling noise coming through TV ears when viewing Apple TV? - all over Roku services work great (netflix, Hbo max, etc.) - why?

Trying to use digital TV ears with powered optical splitter plugged into my Samsung Smart TV - Bose speakers plugged into other optical port on splitter. Speakers work fine; however, only when watching Apple TV (on the Apple TV app over a Roku streaming stick), all I get is crackling noise over my TV ears. All over streaming services (Netflix, Hbo Max, etc.) work fine ... why is happening? Can I fix it ...

When I connect TV ears with analog connection, Apple TV app works fine ...

3810RW,

Posted on Sep 2, 2021 8:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2021 9:28 AM

Hello deedeebella,

Thanks for reaching out through the Apple Support Communities about that unexpected noise when using that optical splitter.

Since you don’t experience that behavior when using an analog connection, you’ll want to reach out to the manufacturer of the optical splitter. They would be in the best position to assist with further troubleshooting their particular device.

Take care.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 3, 2021 9:28 AM in response to deedeebella

Hello deedeebella,

Thanks for reaching out through the Apple Support Communities about that unexpected noise when using that optical splitter.

Since you don’t experience that behavior when using an analog connection, you’ll want to reach out to the manufacturer of the optical splitter. They would be in the best position to assist with further troubleshooting their particular device.

Take care.

Sep 6, 2021 12:18 PM in response to jdo_apple

I don't think you understand the problem. It's not with the optical splitter. I think there must be something within the Apple TV app (when using it on Roku) that won't allow you to split the optical signal to more than one source at the same time. Like I said, all other streaming apps (when using ROKU) ALLOW for the optical signal to be split to multiple outputs without sacrificing the audio; the splitter works great! ... is there something that is disallowing this within your app? Makes no sense ????????

TV ears, Bose Speakers, Roku Streaming stick, Apple TVapp, powered optical splitter - only crackling noise coming through TV ears when viewing Apple TV? - all over Roku services work great (netflix, Hbo max, etc.) - why?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.