Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Render files deletion with 10.5.4

With older versions I could delete old unused render files; but the new version has only "delete generated project files and then in the next window "delete render files" is the only choice.

My project is becoming huge and I need to thin it out but this no longer seems possible. Am I missing something?

Cheers.

iMac 27″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Sep 2, 2021 6:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 2, 2021 6:29 PM

There aren't unused project files. When you quit the application, unused project files are dumped. They're only kept while you're using the application. They're in the undo list. They're removed when you quit the application and the undo list is purged. If you select an event or a library you have the option for deleting unused render files.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 2, 2021 6:29 PM in response to keefwaddo

There aren't unused project files. When you quit the application, unused project files are dumped. They're only kept while you're using the application. They're in the undo list. They're removed when you quit the application and the undo list is purged. If you select an event or a library you have the option for deleting unused render files.

Sep 2, 2021 6:15 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

Yes I can delete generated files but it deletes ALL of them. I do not need the stabilisation render that I did last week for example because I have reedited the clip and stabilised it again etc etc. It's the old unused ones I want to delete. That used to be an option. Alas, it seems no more. My project is a 1.5 hr video so we are talking about vast amounts of junk old renders that have been superseded.

Render files deletion with 10.5.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.