Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessages Frequently Lost

Hi! I have the iPhone Xr. I have had frequent experiences with multiple people in which they sent a message and my phone never received it or I sent a message and they never received it. I’d really, really like to recover these messages if this is possible.

I’ve tried restarting my phone, and imessage multiple times to no avail. Is there any way I can recover these lost messages and prevent this from happening?

iPhone X, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 2, 2021 8:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 2, 2021 9:39 PM

What you are asking is not possible. You are not going to be able to retrieve messages that you never received. If you sent a message and the recipient never received it then those messages should still be in your Messages app unless you deleted those.

Question: Does this happen when using iMessages (Blue Bubble) or does this normally happen when using SMS (Green Bubble)?

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 2, 2021 9:39 PM in response to iMessageerrors

What you are asking is not possible. You are not going to be able to retrieve messages that you never received. If you sent a message and the recipient never received it then those messages should still be in your Messages app unless you deleted those.

Question: Does this happen when using iMessages (Blue Bubble) or does this normally happen when using SMS (Green Bubble)?

Axel F.

iMessages Frequently Lost

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.