Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud account has been locked for security purpose

hello my iCloud account has been closed for security reason and I forgot my security question please can you help me to unlock my iCloud account

[Email Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Sep 3, 2021 5:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2021 8:25 AM

You have entered incorrect answers for security questions multiple times , try to reset password after 24 hours If your Apple ID is locked or disabled - Apple Support

The questions can be obtained while you chat or talk to apple support Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

If you forgot security questions use a web browser and open iforgot.apple.com and enter your Apple ID , click on continue .

Check the box of I need to reset my security questions , click on continue and enter your Apple ID password .

Again click on continue then check the box of answer your security questions you choose when Apple ID was created and click on continue .

A security question will be written in the field , you can click on drop down arrow the three questions that you created when apple id was created will be visible .

In case if you are having incorrect answers for security questions turn on 2FA .

See the articles Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 3, 2021 8:25 AM in response to petro160

You have entered incorrect answers for security questions multiple times , try to reset password after 24 hours If your Apple ID is locked or disabled - Apple Support

The questions can be obtained while you chat or talk to apple support Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

If you forgot security questions use a web browser and open iforgot.apple.com and enter your Apple ID , click on continue .

Check the box of I need to reset my security questions , click on continue and enter your Apple ID password .

Again click on continue then check the box of answer your security questions you choose when Apple ID was created and click on continue .

A security question will be written in the field , you can click on drop down arrow the three questions that you created when apple id was created will be visible .

In case if you are having incorrect answers for security questions turn on 2FA .

See the articles Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication - Apple Support

iCloud account has been locked for security purpose

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.