You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Genuine Apple Email on iCloud Billing?

Hi all,

I received an email with subject Update your iCloud billing information to keep your storage upgrade from iCloud with an email address (do_not_reply@email.apple.com). I genuinely had problems with by credit card today (it was some bank network issue) and as luck would have it, this coincided with my monthly iCloud payment date.

I saw the email and followed the instructions on my iPhone (where there was a notification in Settings telling me to update my payment options). I updated the info (deleted the credit card and added it back in) and added an additional card to Payments as a precaution.

I then checked the email address and the format got me worried as it didnt look like a "proper" Apple email address. I've since changed my passwords but I do have questions.

My questions are:

1. Is the email below genuine?
  2. When would Apple make the necessary charges before downgrading? I really cant afford to lose my iCloud data.

Posted on Sep 3, 2021 8:29 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2021 7:30 AM

Hi AZ1810,

It seems you had some questions about a subscription and we can help.

While the email you received does seem correct, it's good to trust your skepticism. You did the right thing by changing your password when a concern arises.

You can always review your purchasing history and subscriptions as seen here:

Change your subscription from Apple

You can identify Apple emails with the info here:

Identify legitimate emails from the App Store or iTunes Store

Let us know if that help.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 4, 2021 7:30 AM in response to AZ1810

Hi AZ1810,

It seems you had some questions about a subscription and we can help.

While the email you received does seem correct, it's good to trust your skepticism. You did the right thing by changing your password when a concern arises.

You can always review your purchasing history and subscriptions as seen here:

Change your subscription from Apple

You can identify Apple emails with the info here:

Identify legitimate emails from the App Store or iTunes Store

Let us know if that help.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

Genuine Apple Email on iCloud Billing?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.